MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Merging Objects/Polygons into one?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amit Parekh
Merging Objects/Polygons into one?
on Jun 12, 2013 at 10:25:10 pm

Okay so, maybe I did this the long way or something, but I'm working with polygons and now I have a bunch of them which are on different objects, but all next to each other (with their edges touching). (How) can I merge these together into one polygon/object so I can then use the cloth on it?

Ak.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Merging Objects/Polygons into one?
on Jun 13, 2013 at 2:18:43 am

Use the Mesh>Commands>Optimize function to weld abutting edges.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Jun 13, 2013 at 4:28:30 pm

If the polygons belong to different objects I think you'll need to select those objects and use Mesh > Conversion > Connect Objects before you Optimize the resulting mesh.

I very often use Connect and Delete as I don't normally need the separate objects any longer. If you just use Connect then the separate objects will still exist and you'll have a new object that contains all selected objects as polygon groups.

Either way the new Connected object can be Optimized.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Amit Parekh
on Jun 13, 2013 at 6:36:41 pm

Thanks. Worked like a charm.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Apr 21, 2015 at 4:14:57 pm

Hey guys quick question,

I created and extruded object out of 684 paths I imported from Illustrator, then I separated them into separate objects and then I made them editable, now I have 684 groups of one poly plus to caps and i need them each to be one object, but when I use Connect objects and delete with everything selected all of them get merged into one single giant object.

Is there a way to connect and delete all of them at once but still keep them as separate objects? I don't want to do that on each group of objects.

Thanks in advance,
D.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Apr 22, 2015 at 2:51:57 am

do the Connect and Delete, then Optimize, then follow by using Mesh/Conversion/Polygon Groups To Objects

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Apr 23, 2015 at 6:25:13 pm

Thanks man, but it didn't work. Once I connected and deleted the positions changed, mybe becuase I had effectors applied already.

Best,
D.

Return to posts index

Adrian Stiegler
on Jul 15, 2016 at 4:03:11 pm

Great technique. Thank you! For any noobs like, Connect and Delete is in the right click when you have the path selected.

Cheers dude!!

Return to posts index

Drew Smith
on Aug 24, 2014 at 3:47:20 pm

haha! exactly what I was looking for. Thanks guys!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]