MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Mograph Multishader Index Ratio Problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David BittermanMograph Multishader Index Ratio Problem
by on Jun 2, 2013 at 11:08:24 pm

So I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something about the way the multishader works.

I put a cube in a cloner with a count of ten. I select the cloner and add a shader effector. I load a mograph multishader into the shader's shading channel, and load some colors into the multiple channels of the multishader - r,g,b. Now all my clones take on the first channel of the multishader. If I move the multishader channels up and down the colors on my clones change accordingly. But when I switch the multishader mode to index ratio nothing happens, all the clones remain the same color, whichever is the top most shader channel. Furthermore, if I use color brightness and change the cloner's transform - color - option, the color brightness does nothing to effect which multishader channel is applied to the clones.

Am I missing something here? I've followed along with multiple multishader tutorials but my setup's never seem to respond to any of the controlled or index'ed multishader mappings.

Any help is much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Mograph Multishader Index Ratio Problem
by on Jun 3, 2013 at 1:11:20 am

Can you give some more information about what it is you're trying to achieve?

The shader effector is only capable of changing the internal color value of the clones. The multishader is capable of reading the internal color value or index ratio of clones and choosing a corresponding texture based on that value.

You generally wouldn't want to try to modify the internal color of the clones with a shader that varies depending on the internal color of those clones... unexpected results are to be expected :)

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

David BittermanRe: Mograph Multishader Index Ratio Problem
by on Jun 3, 2013 at 2:42:09 pm

Ah, I was just trying to do a test to see if I understood the multi shader, but it sounds like I was using it in a poor way. I'll watch some more tut's. Thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved