MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cloth objects colliding with each other

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Goldberg
Cloth objects colliding with each other
on May 25, 2013 at 3:00:20 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to have to cloth blankets fall onto a surface, and interact with each other. Right now, they are intersecting each other rather than one draping on top of the other. I've tried using the cloth collider tag, I've tried self repulsion, and I've tried combining the two objects into 1. Nothing works. Anyone have an answer. I'm sure this is easy to do.
Here is a link to the test file:
6054_clothintersect.c4d.zip

Mike

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Cloth objects colliding with each other
on May 25, 2013 at 4:01:03 pm

You were on the right track combining the sheets into one object with self collision, but you need to adjust some of the advanced parameters. Namely you need to increase sub sampling (15 at least) and increase the EPS settings (15, 7, 2.5 seems to work).

Return to posts index

Michael Goldberg
on May 25, 2013 at 4:29:02 pm

Hi Adam,
This is getting a little closer, but some spots are still breaking through (I can keep increasing the eps for each value and see what happens), but the bigger problem is....
As the cloth falls, it's blowing around as if wind is effecting it. I have no wind, and have the wind settings all set to 0 in the forces tab. The cloth should just drape down and then rest. I can stop the simulation after x frams, but that looks unnatural.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 25, 2013 at 11:04:47 pm

why not soft bodies?

Return to posts index

Michael Goldberg
on May 28, 2013 at 1:32:13 pm

Hi,
I think I might try the soft bodies. I've tried everything in cloth, and can't quite get it to behave correctly.

Mike

Return to posts index

Thomas Pascavage
on Oct 29, 2013 at 4:34:23 am

under the expert tab, include the other cloth object in the include field. just solved my issue with shirts overlapping pants. I had some obvious first attempt issues like the shirt suddenly not reacting to the character, but I just included the body too and it cleared it right up

Return to posts index

Greg Hughes
on Jul 22, 2016 at 12:17:07 pm

Thanks Adam. I am rigging sails for a ship and you have helped me again... three years after you post.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]