MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Unique clones of clones?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sasha ZelmanUnique clones of clones?
by on May 24, 2013 at 5:35:01 pm

I am wondering about how to achieve effector controls over clones of clones? For example: I need to create 10 types of random cube structures with 10 items for each type that should result in 100 quite random structures. Let's say I will use cube in a cloner object with random effector to create a structure, then I will use resulting structure in another cloner object with another random effector to create 10 structure types. Then I will repeat the process one more time to create 10 varieties for each type. Now I want to change the property of original cube in a such a way that every structure have a unique cube as a building block. Is there a way to do it?

If my example is too confusing, then envision the creation of mograph city where each building is unique using nothing but blocks, cloners and effectors... How would you avoid clones of clones looking too similar?

In the same fashion, is there a way to dynamically control number, random seeds and other properties of clones? For example is there a way to randomize seed so every run of the movie produces different results with different number of objects?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Unique clones of clones?
by on May 24, 2013 at 8:20:47 pm

AFAIK the only way to do that would be to use a single random effector for all of the subcloners, and set the effector to use global space.

Return to posts index

Sasha ZelmanRe: Unique clones of clones?
by on May 25, 2013 at 1:16:53 am

Thank you for the answer.
It is still difficult for me to accept that such impressive software as c4d would not have some sort of workaround with scripting or plug-ins... But may be not.

What does Global Space option do?

Thank you again.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Unique clones of clones?
by on May 25, 2013 at 2:42:49 am

Global space is the workaround. It applies random values based upon volumetric noise, so you will not have the same random offsets with the different cloners.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]