MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Making a balloon react to wind

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Green
Making a balloon react to wind
on May 21, 2013 at 11:37:27 am

Hi,

I'd like to use an object that is connected to the ground by a string but have it affected by a slight breeze but i don't know where to start.

I have the object with is an object in the shape of a question mark. How could I make that float like it's filled with helium and attach it to the string?

What should I make the string out of? And then how can I make a slight breeze affect it all?

Thanks.

Creative Multimedia Design Manchester | S©tt Green | Splurj

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Making a balloon react to wind
on May 22, 2013 at 4:00:31 am

I'd use dynamics with a spring effector and particle wind object for the balloon, and the Hair>spline dynamics tag to create the string.

Example: 6040_balloonstringwind.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Scott Green
on May 22, 2013 at 11:04:05 am

That helps massively, thank you so much.

Can I ask, how is the material from the String object applied to the spring effect? I can see how the spring is attached to the balloon and the null but don't understand how the string object is applied?

Return to posts index

Scott Green
on May 22, 2013 at 11:50:53 am

I'm trying to apply the effects to my model ballon but I can't replicate the settings of the Dynamics Body Tag that's applied to your balloon object.

Where I copy your tag to mine the icon looks different and some of the settings appear to be deactivated but not on the tag that I've copied (see attached), why is that?

Your tag:

My tag:

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on May 22, 2013 at 12:32:03 pm

Unless you have C4D Studio, I believe that full dynamic interaction is limited to mograph objects (clones and fracture objects).

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on May 22, 2013 at 6:31:49 pm

Oops! Sorry about that. You have to bake it to get the spline IK to follow correctly. Otherwise there's a priority conflict.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]