MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Mograph Dynamics and the Spline Effector

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabrielle MimramMograph Dynamics and the Spline Effector
by on May 17, 2013 at 1:52:32 pm

Hi there,

I am trying to make an animation at the moment that involves a modeled sewing needle that moves along a formula spline using a spline effector. This I have succeeded in doing however now I want to attach another spline to the needle which should act like a piece of thread trailing behind it.

I tried to do this by creating a straight spline with 10 points along it. I added spline dynamics to the spline and then set the first point on the spline so that it would dangle in the air like a piece of string. I then used sweep nurbs to give the spline/string some shape and created a null for the whole string. I then nested this null under the needle object.

Separately this seems to work. When I move the needle the string moves with it and acts dynamically however if I try to use the dynamic string attached to the needle which then animates along the formula spline the string is no longer dynamic.

I know this sounds complicated but I would really appreciate any help or links to tuts that could help me achieve the animation I want. Basically I would like the needle to look like it is sewing by itself with the thread moving in and out of a piece of cloth.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved