MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4d R15? General Question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Vaughan
C4d R15? General Question
on May 17, 2013 at 12:23:14 pm

Hi, I'm curious if anyone who visited or have spoken with Maxon recently know of any plans of a r15 release or not? I'm not looking for any violation of NDA's or whatever, just a straight answer. I was not able to attend NAB, so I wasn't able to ask any reps. We've seen a whole lot about the integration between Ae and C4d, but I realized that's mostly--if not all--on the Adobe side, with the addition of Cineware.

I realize they've put a ton of R&D into a more streamlined approach between the two, which is great. BUT, with all the debate of going to Adobe's new subscription only plan, I'm leaning toward not updating Ae at this time. (From what I've seen, there hasn't been anything I can't do already for the most part, and I'd rather not worry about having to pay to open files later down the road...)

Again, I'm not looking for details or anything that would violate an NDA. I'm just curious is there will be an upgrade this year, or if the upgrade was what we've seen: the continuity between Ae and C4d, Cineware and C4d Lite.

Thanks

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: C4d R15? General Question
on May 17, 2013 at 11:54:17 pm

Historically Maxon tended to release a full version update every two years, with a .5 update in between. I think they've now gone to a full version update every year -- usually announced in August or early September. I don't know what will be in it (not on beta anymore), but I'm sure it will include more than the AE integration. As far as finding out what that new stuff will be, no one will tell you as they'd be breaking their NDA.

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
on May 18, 2013 at 1:45:40 pm

Thanks Adam. I kinda figured that to be the case, but since everything I've heard has been all about Ae integration, I was merely curious if anyone had heard otherwise.

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, 2008 2x3 GHz Quad-Core MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, Dell Studio xps PC's
FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer, Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d, AJA Kona 3, Flanders Scientific Monitors, Panasonic HPX250's, Kessler Crane, Glidecam.....
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on May 18, 2013 at 2:48:42 pm

Yeah, it can be frustrating but Maxon has a pretty strict policy of not announcing anything until they're close to release. The reason they do it that way is that they don't want to promise anything until they're 100% sure they can deliver. I think they had a bad experience early on where they talked about some features that didn't make it into the release and they caught a bunch of flak over it. Adobe must have pushed them to make an exception.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]