MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Mograph for cut-paper animation effect?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Wittekind
Mograph for cut-paper animation effect?
on May 14, 2013 at 11:34:44 pm

I'm making a cut-paper style video short with After Effects with sort of a 3D shadowbox look, but for this one part, I'm thinking Cinema 4D may be the better tool for the job.
Here's the scene: a small group of 3-4 simply drawn cut-out people are standing in a group, the camera pans around them and pulls back quickly so you see them from behind. That part I can do fine. But then lots of other people (ideally a random repeat of the 3-4 characters) pop up very quickly to fill the lower part of the screen, like a theater audience, starting from the center group and growing outward randomly in 3D space. Is this something that can be done with mograph clones, or is some more customized expresso needed? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Mograph for cut-paper animation effect?
on May 15, 2013 at 2:46:15 pm

MoGraph is well suited for this. You could animate the cutouts popping up, or animate their visibility, and then use a random effector with the time offset parameter to have them pop up at random. Many other ways to do it, too.

Example: 6006_popupcrowd.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Dave Wittekind
Re: Mograph for cut-paper animation effect?
on May 15, 2013 at 3:57:14 pm

Thanks so much, Adam! I animated visibility with a display tag on the figures rather than using position keyframes, so they'd appear randomly. Works great!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]