MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D - 24fps not rendering smoothly?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel GregoryCinema 4D - 24fps not rendering smoothly?
by on May 14, 2013 at 10:10:32 pm

I have a really weird problem with cinema 4D that I didn't notice when I first bought it. I create a short animation - project settings 24fps, render settings 24fps. I render the animation but the result is stutter-y, not really very smooth, (unuseable actually). I then change the project settings etc to 30fps and then set render - the output is super smooth. Now I know there will be a difference in smoothness from 24-30fps due to the extra frames in the latter, but I really don't think the animation should be this jerky at 24fps. (It's almost like it's lagging behind the camera pans. I should mention that this really only seems to happen when I use a standard camera and pan it across a logo.

I also imported the film into After Effects which 'interpreted'the footage at 30 fps even though it was definetely 24fps. (This may have been a one off glitch with After Effects because I haven't tested it again, but it got me thinking am I rendering this properly?)

Am I missing something here with the settings? Why doesn't a 24 fps project produce smooth camera animation?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved