MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Boat Spray

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg PearsonBoat Spray
by on Apr 27, 2013 at 4:47:03 am

I'm trying to create a bit of sea spray to go with a boat travelling through water. I've been looking up tutorials and seeing if they'll work, and so far haven't really come close (at least nothing that will take less than 5 minutes to render a frame). Came across something that was looking good, using the PyroCluster Waterfall from the Content Browser - except I'm using R12 and it doesn't look like the Waterfall was part of this Content Browser. Can anyone suggest how I can get the Waterfall file and see if it works?

Return to posts index

Greg PearsonRe: Boat Spray
by on Apr 27, 2013 at 8:33:02 am

Actually, I don't think the Waterfall is part of C4D at all...

Getting my head around Emitters, but any tips for making the water spray?

Return to posts index

Jack CookRe: Boat Spray
by on May 1, 2013 at 11:39:10 am

Hi Greg,

I assume you are talking about spray at the bow, flying up as the boat slices through the water. You could try using just a plain particle emitter. I did it this way some years ago. I placed one emitter on either side of the boat, made them a child of the boat so they travel with it. Use a tiny sphere as the particle and you'll have to emit a lot of them, and play with the settings to get it to look right. I think Pyrocluster would be too slow and clunky to use for this, though I may be wrong (every time I use Pyrocluster I spend too many hours trying to get it right). A regular emitter would render faster, I believe. I'm sure there's also a Thinking Particles method, but I'm not a TP guru, unfortunately.

Return to posts index

Greg PearsonRe: Boat Spray
by on May 2, 2013 at 9:11:06 am

Cheers Jack, I've been playing with Pyroclusters and seem to be getting close, but I'll give the simple emitters a try and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved