MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Baking Inherited Animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael BernardBaking Inherited Animation
by on Apr 25, 2013 at 9:52:07 pm

Hey Everyone,

I've been at this for a few days now and can't figure it out. I've got a polygon object that is a child of a parametric object. The parametric object is animated, and so the polygon object inherits it's animation. Now I need to bake the PSR data of the child, So when I pull it out of the hierarchy, it maintains animation. I've tried espresso, and it records keyframes, but no animation. I've tried point cache tag. No luck. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!
-Mike

I should also mention that it is part of a bigger rig, and I just need to bake a portion of it.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Baking Inherited Animation
by on Apr 25, 2013 at 11:02:35 pm

Do this:

Create an Xpresso tag on your child object and pull it out of the hierarchy. In the Xpresso editor, drag in the parametric object and create a "global matrix" out port. Drag in the formerly child object and create a "global matrix" in port. Connect the two ports.

That will move your objects together. Now you can bake the former child's motion to keyframes (make sure the expressions box is checked in the bake dialogue).

Return to posts index

Michael BernardRe: Baking Inherited Animation
by on Apr 27, 2013 at 1:29:40 am

Thanks for your help. I think due to the nature of the rig, that route didn't do what I needed it to but could definitely be helpful in the future. Expresso is an intimidating beast. I ended up getting a great plugin called NitroBake. It's awesome. I'm pretty sure it bakes anything and everything into keyframes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]