MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Best Approach for Reproducing this Effect?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Burnett
Best Approach for Reproducing this Effect?
on Apr 24, 2013 at 7:17:08 am

Quite a while back, I created the following image in C4D and have since lost the source documents. It's my main image for a personal project I am working on called WhirledOrder.

Now that I have just a little bit more experience in C4D, I have not quite been able to reproduce it correctly and was wondering which approach is best:

Question 1:
Sweep Nurbs along Helix? or Extrude Nurbs with spline wrap around helix?

Question 2:
Create the spiral nurbs first, then transform the spiral; or transform the helix before creating the nurbs?

Question 3:
Use the bend transformation to modify the shape (either the nurbs or the helix; or use the spline wrap to modify the shape (either the nurbs or the helix)?

Or is there a better way to get this to work?

Basically, the problem I keep running into is getting the spiral to wrap around the globe. I would ideally like it to actually wrap tight around the globe and only come off the edge of the globe at the top or bottom.

Eventually, I want to animate the spiral so that as it wraps around the globe, the globe changes shape and spins wildly after the spiral is gone.

I have worked forever on the globe and I have it the way I want it, but I can't get the spiral to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jase

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Best Approach for Reproducing this Effect?
on Apr 24, 2013 at 2:28:12 pm

I'd use a sweep nurbs around a helix, and use a spherify or wrap deformer (in spherical mode) to put it around the sphere. Once you get the basic shape you can use current-state-to-object on the spline and edit with the magnet tool or other spline tools to refine the shape.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]