MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dynamics Ending Point?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Natie KerschDynamics Ending Point?
by on Apr 24, 2013 at 4:56:43 am

I'm fairly new to Cinema 4D, in fact, I literally just got it two days ago, and I've so far gotten the hang of it. I'm currently working on an intro for my YouTube channel, which in my mind, will play out like this: A bunch of scrabble-like letters fall from above the camera and land on a table. After bouncing about a bit, as they would when they hit a hard surface, they stop moving and happen to all be facing up, forming my username. The problem I'm running into, though, is getting them all to land how I want them. I have them set as rigid bodies, and I just let them fall to the table. Is there any way to set an ending destination for the letters so that they all land face up and fairly straight? Some sort of keyframe I can do while still preserving the realism of the dynamics? Like I said, I'm brand new to C4D, so as much detail as possible would be great.

Natie Kersch

Return to posts index

Marcus GerrettRe: Dynamics Ending Point?
by on Apr 25, 2013 at 6:32:36 pm

I don't have an exact solution, but this tutorial from Greyscale Gorilla looks like they do something similar- a number of cubes falling and the ending result forming the picture they wanted. You could try going about it this way, if not- it may give you an idea on how to work in reverse

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved