MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

XPresso Question - Filename Change

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony BaroneXPresso Question - Filename Change
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 3:22:08 pm

I have some basic experience with XPresso and am trying to create something that will change the filename of the render based upon an object's visibility.

Basically to make the rendered filename 1 of 3 different names depending on which of the 3 objects is visible.

Could someone please either explain how I could do this, or throw a quick XPresso file together to show me as an example?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: XPresso Question - Filename Change
by on Apr 24, 2013 at 3:48:39 pm

I don't see any way to do that with standard Xpresso. Might be possible using a COFFEE or Python node, but that's above my pay grade.

Return to posts index

Tony BaroneRe: XPresso Question - Filename Change
by on Apr 24, 2013 at 4:39:05 pm

After HOURS and HOURS of trying to figure this one out, I finally did!

I did it by creating User Data with Radio Buttons and connected it to a Condition Node Switch. The Node had 3 Inputs with Data Type set to Filename and the filenames I wanted typed into there.

Fron there the Output on the Condition Node is connected to a Object Operator for the Render setting, and the input on that one to File...

Works great!

Return to posts index

by on Apr 24, 2013 at 5:08:57 pm

Great! Where is the object operator for the render settings? How do you add it to the Xrpesso window?

Return to posts index

by on Apr 24, 2013 at 6:02:48 pm

I got it there by doing "XPressions -> Set Driver" on a User Data Entry and then "XPressions -> Set Driven" on the "File..." within the Render - Save Setting.

I could not find any other way to get the Node to appear in XPresso.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 24, 2013 at 7:21:36 pm

Aaaah ... clever! I saw the set driver/driven and it didn't occur to me to use that to get to the (seemingly hidden) node.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 24, 2013 at 8:57:53 pm

If you find another way to do it, I'd really like to know... that was the quickest and only way I could figure out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]