MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

creating a maypole

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrerocreating a maypole
by on Apr 22, 2013 at 4:03:25 pm

hello everyone,

I am trying to create a maypole

but instead of people moving the strings, it will be in the end of the strings some balls hanging from the strings.

I managed to create the strings with spline dynamics and the ball attached using this tutorial:
http://cgterminal.com/2012/04/02/cinema-4d-springs-spline-dynamics-hanging-...

So the idea is having a clones of these strings rotating by some motor in the middle, so all the strings are moving by these motor that should be in the center, so they are flying orbiting around the center.

I have tried using motors and connector such as ball and socket with no luck.

Anyone has any idea???

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: creating a maypole
by on Apr 22, 2013 at 5:28:35 pm

That's going to be awfully tough, but I would try something like this: 5881_maypole.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: creating a maypole
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 9:48:21 am

Thanks so much Adam, this saved my ass from the deadline! More than i expected.

I managed to create, using your file, a version where the splines are rotating without falling down ( i want to create a shot from above when we can see all the splines rotating).

There is something i was wondering if it is possible:

1 - Using a motor to actually move all the splines , so what is rotating is actually the pole and the splines moving according to the rotation of the pole. ( I attached a file where I used a ball and socket connector, which i thought it could reflect better the real rotation).

2 - if you have a look in the file i created from your file, sometimes in the rotation, the splines does not really get attached to the spheres. I changed many times the point in the constrain and changing the scale of the spline but no success. Any idea?? Anyway, Thanks so much for this Adam.

5894_maypole.zip

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: creating a maypole
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 10:12:48 am

Thanks so much Adam, this saved my ass from the deadline! More than i expected.

I managed to create, using your file, a version where the splines are rotating without falling down ( i want to create a shot from above when we can see all the splines rotating).

There is something i was wondering if it is possible:

1 - Using a motor to actually move all the splines , so what is rotating is actually the pole and the splines moving according to the rotation of the pole. ( I attached a file where I used a ball and socket connector, which i thought it could reflect better the real rotation).

2 - if you have a look in the file i created from your file, sometimes in the rotation, the splines does not really get attached to the spheres. I changed many times the point in the constrain and changing the scale of the spline but no success. Any idea?? Anyway, Thanks so much for this Adam.

I am not sure how to attach files, but here is the link:http://f1.creativecow.net/5894/maypole

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]