MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D Baked Textures Tire Question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric LassenC4D Baked Textures Tire Question
by on Apr 18, 2013 at 9:19:26 pm

I notice that Andrew uses the a one file wrap to create the textures for the cars. I have used models purchased off of Humster3D and have have some success retexturing the models for use in Element 3D.

I am using Cinema 4D to open and manipulate the models.

The problem I have run into upon following AK's simple car right is that the front tires are wrapped with one texture, thus allowing it to be broken apart and turned individually. Whereas the tires I bring in have 2 textures, one for the rim and one for the tire. So in E3D that is actually two objects rather than one nice a neat one.

So I have played with the 'Bake Object' method and that does a good job with simple texture wraps, but it is limited (as far as I know) that you cannot create separate files for specularity and reflection. But the tire gets turned into speckled grey and black blobs, because it is wrapping the texture over each tire tread.

Then I have played with the 'Bake Texture Tag' and while that gives me more options for more passes, it still produces the tread problem.

So I have sought out help on the web looking at tutorials on how to use BodyPaint because some one on the web said that you can get the same quality of textures that Andrew has. Body Paint for me is a steep learning curve.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get a tires texture to E3D from C4D nicely wrapped and one material channel? Is there a good workflow or tutorial out there on how to create car textures in C4D like what Andrew does with 3DS Max?

Also I noticed in his example that the SUV tires remains matte looking while the rim has a reflection.

I am at a loss. ANY help will be appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved