MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Tron styled/Glowing Sphere?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan DonaldsonTron styled/Glowing Sphere?
by on Apr 10, 2013 at 4:16:52 pm

Hello. I'm new to Cinema 4d and I was wondering if there is anyway to add a glow effect to a sphere. First, let me give you some info on what I am doing. I am doing a GSG using the sound effector to animate with music. The tutorial is here:

I am using music from Tron: Legacy as my base song and I want to give the spheres a Tron-like appearance and I think glows are the way to go. But I have no idea how to do it, or even if it's possible. I do plan to import my comp into After Effects, but I'm unsure whether glows can be applied individually or if it will be applied to the outline of the whole 3D comp.

So there is my "problem" lol. If you have any suggestions or different ways to make my comp more Tron like, please let me know! As I said, I really don't have much experience with the program. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Tron styled/Glowing Sphere?
by on Apr 10, 2013 at 5:55:14 pm

There is a glow channel in the Cinema material that you can use for this. It can't be masked directly so you would probably use a base material and then a glow material with an alpha channel on top of that.

Return to posts index

Dan ConradRe: Tron styled/Glowing Sphere?
by on Apr 10, 2013 at 7:18:24 pm

Use the Luminance Channel in Cinema 4D and add the glow in After Effects
Twitter: @mographcandy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved