MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Make Clones Avoid Already Placed Objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arton NatiuMake Clones Avoid Already Placed Objects
by on Apr 9, 2013 at 12:13:24 pm

Hi everybody,
I'm checking out R14 in order to do Landscaping and Architectural Visualisation with very lush and abundant natural elements in order to avoid Vue which is not very stable. My request is basically meant for still images and not for animation.
After placing the buildings, decks, garden elements and bigger plants manually I would like to populate the rest of the terrain with default plants or grass which should fill the empty spaces. I have tried distribution by Material in Surfacespread and also the SHADER EFFECTOR but this gets very complicated if a lot of plants are already placed and have to be avoided. Not to mention if I want to make changes and have to adapt all the black and white or greyscale maps used for distribution.
I have seen that I can apply a PLANE EFFECTOR to all objects and wonder if there is an easier way.
I have also played with RIGID BODY and COLLIDER BODY which moves the clones away but unfortunately also changes their orientation before the fly off into space. This is where I think that I possibly missed something.
I would be very thankful for suggestions of which might be the easiest solution.
I just want the clones to detect already placed objects on a plane or landscape and avoid them without changing orientation or being clustered together.
Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved