MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Timing the laser to fire during animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan RodriguezTiming the laser to fire during animation
by on Apr 5, 2013 at 9:45:34 am

Hey all,

I am working on trying to fire a laser at a certain time frame during animation. I'm pretty new to c4d and have been watching and following the 'Cinema 4d laser etching tutorial' online. I've used the Xpresso editor and light object to fire the laser but the problem I'm having is that I want to only start firing at a certain key frame. Before that keyframe I want it 'off'. I thought I could just 'turn-off'the light on the object menu while key-framing the process but that does not work. Is there a way you can do it using the editor? I saw a 'time' node option but really don't know how or what to connect to it or how to tell to turn on at a certain keyframe. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Jon

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Timing the laser to fire during animation
by on Apr 5, 2013 at 2:43:32 pm

just animate the light's Brightness setting

Return to posts index

Jonathan RodriguezRe: Timing the laser to fire during animation
by on Apr 8, 2013 at 7:32:13 am

Hey Brian,

Thanks again for the help! I've actually tried to change the brightness and others factors but everytime I play the animation again it keeps the original values that I last changed it to....doesn't seem to animate in different brightness...

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Timing the laser to fire during animation
by on Apr 8, 2013 at 2:26:05 pm

Intensity I meant, of course. Either way there has to be keyframes with intensity set to 0 and keyframes with it at 100% (or whatever). For a laser which does not 'gradually come on' you should have 0 on one frame and 100 on the next frame. If that's not it I need to see the scene file.

Return to posts index

Jonathan RodriguezRe: Timing the laser to fire during animation
by on Apr 9, 2013 at 8:21:35 am

Hey Brian,

I have already tried to manually change the intensity without any success...it might be because of the xpresso editor in the Light Object[laser] and Light Object[surface brightness]. These are the ones I've been trying to change from 0sec keyframe where the laser is not on and to 440sec keyframe where the laser and the surface brightness should instantaneously intensify. Thanks a lot.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]