MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D keeps asking for a missing material that I'm no longer using in my scene

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyC4D keeps asking for a missing material that I'm no longer using in my scene
by on Apr 4, 2013 at 9:26:11 pm

I'm trying to save a project with assets in order to upload to a render farm, but every time I try to do so, Cinema 4D asks for a missing screen shot that I used in a texture when I was setting everything up. I already deleted the related material and even the plane where I had applied it, I'm positive that particular file is not being used anywhere in my scene anymore, yet I can't save because the C4D is still asking for it and even shows it as NOT FOUND on the textures manager.

How do I effectively remove it form there?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D keeps asking for a missing material that I'm no longer using in my scene
by on Apr 5, 2013 at 12:21:01 am

are you using it as a Back image in a viewport? (desperation guess) - other than that the Tools4D Smart Shader plugin will show missing textures and which material and channel they are in (amongst it's other functions)

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: C4D keeps asking for a missing material that I'm no longer using in my scene
by on Apr 5, 2013 at 12:29:04 am

No, on a plane that I was using as a guide. I deleted both the plane and the texture, in the end I just renamed a completely unrelated screen shot to match the name of the offending one, that solved the issue.

I haven't heard of Tools 4D, I'll check it out asap.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]