MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D keeps asking for a missing material that I'm no longer using in my scene

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cabestany
C4D keeps asking for a missing material that I'm no longer using in my scene
on Apr 4, 2013 at 9:26:11 pm

I'm trying to save a project with assets in order to upload to a render farm, but every time I try to do so, Cinema 4D asks for a missing screen shot that I used in a texture when I was setting everything up. I already deleted the related material and even the plane where I had applied it, I'm positive that particular file is not being used anywhere in my scene anymore, yet I can't save because the C4D is still asking for it and even shows it as NOT FOUND on the textures manager.

How do I effectively remove it form there?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: C4D keeps asking for a missing material that I'm no longer using in my scene
on Apr 5, 2013 at 12:21:01 am

are you using it as a Back image in a viewport? (desperation guess) - other than that the Tools4D Smart Shader plugin will show missing textures and which material and channel they are in (amongst it's other functions)

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
Re: C4D keeps asking for a missing material that I'm no longer using in my scene
on Apr 5, 2013 at 12:29:04 am

No, on a plane that I was using as a guide. I deleted both the plane and the texture, in the end I just renamed a completely unrelated screen shot to match the name of the offending one, that solved the issue.

I haven't heard of Tools 4D, I'll check it out asap.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]