MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Objects separate during animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Rodriguez
Objects separate during animation
on Apr 4, 2013 at 9:31:18 am

Hi guys,

Pretty new to Cinema 4D. I have a quick question, during the animation process I have about 3 objects that I rotate 180 degrees together. I don't see any problems during the key frame capturing sequence but when I play the animation two of my objects separate during the movement and come back together at the end. I'm assuming it has something to do with my axis placement but I can't seem to fix the problem. Can anyone help me with how I can correct this problem? Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Objects separate during animation
on Apr 4, 2013 at 2:58:17 pm

not without a lot more information, can you post the scene file?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Rodriguez
on Apr 4, 2013 at 3:09:17 pm

Hi Brian,

I've attached the c4d file. Between 0 to 450 frames you can look at the tweezer and two surfaces....the surfaces are supposed to be of a solid transparent material and a liquid solution. There are other issues (like the painting of a solution onto the transparent material) but right now I'm trying to fix the movement where the liquid solution and the solid transparent material stays together during the rotation and placement. Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Apr 4, 2013 at 6:24:33 pm

your quartz chip is in (child of) an Extrude (which isn't doing any extruding because the chip is not a spline) which is acting as a null but they are not aligned (the extrude is not in the same place as the chip) so when the extrude rotates the chip rotates but not at it's own center -- for this I would get rid of the Extrude and just animate the chip

The solutions (why two?) are behaving as expected I think

The tweezers are like the quartz chip, the object (the two pyramids) are not in the same place as the boole
they are children of so they rotate at the boole's center, not their own. To fix that you have to align the parts (the Mesh/Axis Tools are the place to look) -- or get rid of the boole (and the Connect - it's not doing anything) and do a Connect Objects and Delete (select both the pyramids and right-click and choose it from the menu) and animate just that

Return to posts index

Jonathan Rodriguez
on Apr 5, 2013 at 8:53:54 am

Thanks a lot for your help and time Brian! That fixed the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]