MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Rigid body "sweep away" another rigid body

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Orchard
Rigid body "sweep away" another rigid body
on Apr 3, 2013 at 12:21:17 am

Hi guys!

Using the Xplode plugin, I have one rigid body text sliding into another, shattering it into 200 or so pieces. My goal is to have another text act as a broom and sweep away the pieces. I am having a hell of a time getting this to work. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Rigid body "sweep away" another rigid body
on Apr 3, 2013 at 1:53:04 am

My standard advice for dynamics problems: go to project settings and increase the dynamics' substeps.

Hard to suggest anything else without a scene file or any indication of what kind of problem you're having.

Return to posts index

John Orchard
on Apr 3, 2013 at 2:16:38 am

I guess my real problem is I want the rigid body to sweep across the floor in a slow, controlled manner, instead of using gravity or initial velocity to initiate movement. Once the dynamic tag is enabled, there is no control over the position of the object. Obviously I'm really new at C4D, I'm sure using a dynamic tag is not what I'm supposed to be doing.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Apr 3, 2013 at 3:22:26 am

Yeah, all you have to do is give your sweeper object a collider body tag instead of a rigid body tag. It's actually just a preset of the same tag, the only difference being that dynamics is set to "off". So you can keyframe it like any other object and it will still collide with fully dynamic objects.

Return to posts index

John Orchard
on Apr 3, 2013 at 3:31:16 am

You're the man.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]