MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Animation Interupted

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendan LeadbeaterAnimation Interupted
by on Mar 31, 2013 at 5:33:11 pm

I have been rendering an animation for the past 30 hours or so when someone decided to remove the EXTERNAL HD I was using.

This prevented the animation from writing to the HD. The file sequence still shows up under my HISTORY but only frames 234-316 are showing up with GREEN dots next to them. When I SAVE the movie in QUICKTIME format it only shows that sequence of the movie.

There is a file located on the external hd that is 1.8 GB large but doesn't open. When trying to open the file I get this error "The document “” could not be opened. The movie's file format isn't recognized."

Is there a way to recover this MOVIE up until this point?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Animation Interupted
by on Mar 31, 2013 at 10:32:37 pm

234-316 should be saveable because they are still in memory. The .mov doesn't have a finished index because it couldn't write it... try "fix corrupted quicktime" in Google (or some such) - unless someone here knows a good way...
This is why big renders are usually done to image sequences rather than movies of any sort, if something goes wrong you usually lose less info. Assuming you have the disk space for an image sequence that is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved