MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Is there a way to flatten/cripple a C4D file to prevent someone else to edit it later

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cabestany
Is there a way to flatten/cripple a C4D file to prevent someone else to edit it later
on Mar 29, 2013 at 3:13:45 am

Much like you flatten a psd file in Photoshop, is there a way besides baking all animation to prevent someone to edit a file extensively in Cinema 4D, in other words: Can I have a file that still renders perfectly in terms of right texturing and proper animation, but it's very hard if not absolutely impossible to edit?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Is there a way to flatten/cripple a C4D file to prevent someone else to edit it later
on Mar 29, 2013 at 2:59:55 pm

I don't think it's possible. The only thing I can think of is to put everything in a layer and then lock the layer. If the person receiving the file isn't too familiar with Cinema he or she probably would not know about the layer manager and thus wouldn't be able to unlock the layer, but that's obviously a risk.

As far as baking goes, you could export to Alembic to bake all animation, but you would lose material and render settings.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
Re: Is there a way to flatten/cripple a C4D file to prevent someone else to edit it later
on Mar 29, 2013 at 9:29:27 pm

Thanks Adam, I ended up buying NitroBake for that same purpose, it bakes all keyframes and converts cloners to individual objects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]