MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cylinder texture wall effect

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew AngusCylinder texture wall effect
by on Mar 26, 2013 at 10:38:12 am

Hi there

Have being to to fix an issue for ages and decided to consult the experts !

I am trying to create a mesh gradient wall effect (as you can see in the attached image) using a prepared image applied as a material Mat. As you can see I am a long way off achieving this seamless wall effect

Would love some assistance as cannot get the seamless wrap around effect I desire. I have attached the C4D file and prepared texture for reference. Unfortunately I am running close to a deadline and have spent too long trying to figure this out !

Cheers, and any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Cylinder texture wall effect
by on Mar 26, 2013 at 4:59:49 pm

change the materials tag's Projection to UVW Mapping then set Length V to 5% (or something small that works for you) and then you can use Offset U to rotate the dots around. That's close-ish to the original (as close as you are going to get with your image)

Return to posts index

Matthew AngusRe: Cylinder texture wall effect
by on Mar 26, 2013 at 9:12:32 pm

Thanks Brian

Have tried a quick adaptation of your solution and it's already close to what I am looking at.

Another quick one, when I render preview, as you can see from the attached screenshot the BG blocks of colour are very 'sharp' and not as blended as the desired result. Can any bluring be applied to acheive this result ?

Also, in regards to shadows, is there are particular method to have just the floor of tunnel in shadow (again like the example) instead of displaying in the roof and the walls?

Thanks again for help.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Cylinder texture wall effect
by on Mar 27, 2013 at 12:25:25 am

either set the images sampling to MIP or SAT and increase Blur Offset a little to blur - but you will get the most control just blurring the image in PS (or whatever your favourite editor is)

if you put the texture into the Luminance channel you can control where 'shadows' are - with luminance on full you will get no shadows on the colors so you can then control where it's light and dark with a layer shader in luminance using the bitmap and other shaders to control the brightness of the image - or once again use PS control the brightness in the original image.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved