MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Geometrical Error in Cinema 4D r14

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naveed RehmanGeometrical Error in Cinema 4D r14
by on Mar 24, 2013 at 8:52:38 am

Hello Cinema 4D Gurus

I’m new to Cinema 4D r14 and I am facing a serious problem while experimenting the modeling in Cinema 4D, when I create a cube object then convert it into a polygonal object after selecting an edge or vertex points and move it to diagonally downward position, once it reaches at certain angle, one of the cube’s side face broken that look like damaged artifact or geometric error in Cinema 4D or I am doing something wrong or missing something. I’ve posted some screenshots of my related problem please help me, it would be appreciated if anybody could resolve my problem.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Return to posts index

Ashish GuptaRe: Geometrical Error in Cinema 4D r14
by on Mar 25, 2013 at 12:26:19 pm

Naveed Rehman

I just tried to recreate your problem and the same thing happened in C4D R12 also .. strange i never noticed it ....

Ashish Gupta
Motiongraphics artist and 3d generalist

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Geometrical Error in Cinema 4D r14
by on Mar 25, 2013 at 3:23:13 pm

it's a consequence of using quads instead of tri polys. In the standard cube if you pull the upper-left point of any face (looking at it face-on) down far enough you get that error. It's just because of the order the points are in. There are two ways to fix it that I know of. Take the Knife tool and cut from the moved point to the corner to make two tri's (have to be in poly mode not edge mode)

or select the bad face in poly mode, reverse normals - then you can select all the faces and Align normals if the reversed face is going to goof your gestures at all.

Return to posts index

Naveed RehmanRe: Geometrical Error in Cinema 4D r14
by on Mar 26, 2013 at 6:07:11 am

Thanks for your humble help Brian, I'm eternally grateful that you've solved my problem and thanks for your amazing tips and tricks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved