MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

soft rigid body container

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Moon
soft rigid body container
on Mar 20, 2013 at 3:39:21 pm

Hello cows,

I'm having a problem with my scene. I'm trying to have a container of pills drop to the floor and have them spill out. I have rigid bodies on the container and pill and the floor is the collider. I have the pill in the container and the container has a lid also with rigid body. When I hit play, the container lid flips off before it even touches the floor, and the pill flips out and goes through the container and jets out of the scene. The container bounces on the floor normally. I had the container not too far from the floor. Is there something I can do to adjust it so it falls normal and so the pill doesn't fly through the container? Could anyone show me an example of a cylinder with an open top and a few oil tank shapes inside falling a foot off the ground and acting in a normal manner?

Here's the project file. It is C4D R13

5685_bottleanimation.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Mike Moon
Re: soft rigid body container
on Mar 20, 2013 at 4:34:41 pm

One thing I tried that kind of worked was making the Collision Shape "Moving Mesh" It previews slower but If anyone can think of something else please let me know. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Mike Moon
on Mar 20, 2013 at 4:46:31 pm

looks like that doesn't quite work either, it's close but starts to bounce again in an odd manner.

5687_bottleanimation02.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 21, 2013 at 3:05:59 am

was testing a bit and am out of time now but here's my take so far. 5690_bottleanimation3.c4d.zip
There are way too many polys in your bottle and cap so it slows down the calculations, I put in simpler proxy cap and bottle and made the original cap and bottle be children of those so they follow the proxies.
The pills have too many polys too but are not so bad so I just increased the number of them and let them settle in the bottle the Set Initial State so they start in the settled position.
Fooled with Damping in the Force tab for the pills to get them to settle better.

Return to posts index

Mike Moon
on Mar 22, 2013 at 4:22:15 pm

Thanks for your help Brian. That helped a lot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]