MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Black patches on C4D renders?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Addi SharmaBlack patches on C4D renders?
by on Mar 17, 2013 at 4:42:44 pm

Hello everyone,
I just made an account here cause I've been having problems in my Cinema4D renders.
In the linked video, there are some black patches at the back! Is there any problem?
It took me 18 hours to render this, and i'm ready to do it again if anyone has a solution?
Thanks for your time :)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuPGt57uxGg)

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Black patches on C4D renders?
by on Mar 18, 2013 at 3:24:00 am

Just GI in the scene? Any AO? All GI or are there lights in there too (or is that a luminant texture in the ceiling)? Never seen anything quite like that but it looks sort of like GI settings too low. Do you get the same black areas without the vehicles? It might be necessary to see the scene file.

Return to posts index

Addi SharmaRe: Black patches on C4D renders?
by on Mar 18, 2013 at 4:37:50 am

Yes, AO and GI are present. Haven't tried without vehicles simply because it takes a hell lot of time to render :)By scene file, you mean the project file yeah? Sorry but I'm just a newbie in C4D, just learning around.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 18, 2013 at 2:35:20 pm

I wasn't thinking the vehicles would cause that (probably not) but it would likely render faster so you could test. try hiding everything except the 'room', do the black patches still appear? Try turning off AO to see what you get, there are a lot of settings you can try in the GI so it's kind of hard to know (unless someone else out there has seen something just like this and knows what's causing it?). Can you post the scene file?

Return to posts index

Addi SharmaRe: Black patches on C4D renders?
by on Mar 18, 2013 at 3:26:04 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?z8qrfj22u4ds0n2

And i've edited the file in AE and it looks like this --

Does this look good or should I go back and render it out again to get rid of the black patches?

Return to posts index

by on Mar 19, 2013 at 3:09:20 am

your luminant planes are 3D planes they have no thickness and they can't emit light on their own plane (light goes up and down and spreads out but straight sideways doesn't really work - it's not like an omni light). You can add thickness to the light planes - that changes the look but if you need them with zero thickness you can add cubes (or something) that adds to the lighting but use a compositing tag to make it unseen by the camera but still seen by GI.

You might want to turn off AO and then turn on Details Enhancement in GI it's quicker and similar

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]