MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan CarrerasOcean-Sky-Haze
by on Mar 14, 2013 at 8:29:58 pm

I need a practical way to blend the ocean horizon and the sky sort of hazey effect seen in nature. I use to get this very easily in Bryce (attached) but I haven't found an easy way to do that in Cinema.
I've tried adding fog with a far enough distance but I always get some fog in the objects closer to the camera which gets on the way as it diminishes their clarity.
I've tried the fog in the environment tag and also made a squashed sphere and added a fog material but it doesn't really do what I need.
I want the haze to be only at the horizon as shown in the attached image but have the rest unaffected.
Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Ocean-Sky-Haze
by on Mar 15, 2013 at 3:05:20 am

have you tried the Physical Sky object?

Return to posts index

Juan CarrerasRe: Ocean-Sky-Haze
by on Mar 15, 2013 at 6:27:53 am

Hi Brian,

I tried tonight since I don't usually use it. I've been playing with the horizon fade, fog and turbidity but I can't seem to emulate what I want. AlsoOne thing I don't like in the physical sky is the inherit time and location feature with which I find very difficult to work when I need the light on a certain angle.
I know that it probably defeats the purpose of being scientifically 'accurate' but I wish there was a way to manually move the sun like any regular light and still make use of all the other features of the physical sky.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved