MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Is there a trick to the stick texture tag?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David FranklinIs there a trick to the stick texture tag?
by on Mar 5, 2013 at 4:43:50 am

I've modeled a pretty simple scrapbook, with a wide cover that I want to open. I used a jpeg to texture the cover, using flat projection which I adjusted until I liked the alignment and scaling. I tried to use a stick texture tag to "freeze" the jpeg in place as the cover opens, but no matter what I do, when I rotate the joint called "front cover", the jpeg slides until the leather corners in the image disappear off the edge of the cover.

I tried using a connect object, as some others had suggested, but with no luck. I should say I know I need to record the texture using the "record" button in the stick texture tag before I try opening the book. I did that, but it didn't help. I also wound up making my Hyper NURBs object editable, in case that was the problem, but it didn't solve anything.

I'm attaching a zip file of the project with screen grabs of the closed book and the texture slipping as it opens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30138486/BookProblem.zip

Return to posts index

Ashish GuptaRe: Is there a trick to the stick texture tag?
by on Mar 5, 2013 at 8:20:49 am

David ,

Put the texture tag and the stick texture tag on the geometry itself instead of null object ..

5585_bookslidingtexturesolution.rar.zip

Return to posts index

David FranklinRe: Is there a trick to the stick texture tag?
by on Mar 5, 2013 at 1:12:00 pm

That was it! Thanks so much, Ashish.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]