MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Put display to sleep in R13?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cabestany
Put display to sleep in R13?
on Mar 1, 2013 at 7:33:24 pm

Hello,

I found a couple threads related to this but they were so old that I could no longer comment, sorry for creating a new post on an old topic.

Back in R11 there was a preference to allow the computer go to sleep, then they changed the name in R12 to 'Deny power cycle" and in R13 they removed it entirely (or at least they changed it to a new place).

Can anyone tell me how can I leave a project rendering over the weekend while my monitor goes to sleep? I'm on an iMac.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Put display to sleep in R13?
on Mar 1, 2013 at 8:44:21 pm

I don't remember any difficulty with monitor sleep in 13 (and certainly none in 14). Will the display sleep with the Control-Shift-Eject button combo with C4D running?

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Mar 1, 2013 at 8:56:47 pm

It does, but then the entire system goes to sleep, so the render stops, I need only the display to go to sleep while the cpu continues working.

I just tried one thing a few minutes ago, to see if C4D is indeed the culprit, I set up a corner of my screen to put the display to sleep. If C4D is not running it works all the time, whereas if C4D is open it will awake itself after a few seconds, every time.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 2, 2013 at 7:28:17 am

doesn't do that in 14, I don't remember it waking all the time in 13 though (but perhaps that's just me not remembering)... Maybe ask Maxon Support, they'll know for sure.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]