MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

White edges when adding individual elements to a matte painting in Cinema 4D

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon MatthewsWhite edges when adding individual elements to a matte painting in Cinema 4D
by on Feb 25, 2013 at 12:25:55 pm

Hi, I have a landscape scene that I produced in Photoshop and now I want to project it onto some geometry. I have several trees that are on separate layers and want to project them onto planes. I create a material and load the tree image into the colour channel, then load the same tree image into the alpha channel, then drag it onto the plane, but am left with an ugly white edge around the tree. This white edge doesn't show up in the Photoshop image, only in C4D. Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to eliminate the white edges?

Thanks,

Simon.

Return to posts index

Simon MatthewsRe: White edges when adding individual elements to a matte painting in Cinema 4D
by on Feb 25, 2013 at 2:06:14 pm

Update:

When loading the image into the colour and alpha channels, originally I clicked on 'no' when asked to create a copy of the image in the search path. I just tried clicking 'yes' instead and the results are much better, though still not quite perfect.

Simon.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: White edges when adding individual elements to a matte painting in Cinema 4D
by on Feb 25, 2013 at 4:38:48 pm

if the trees are on a null background or on a white background the antialiasing bleeds into the white which gives you the white line. Either choke in the alpha a bit or put the tree on a black background (or brown etc) and then export so the antialiasing bleeds into a color that is much closer to the tree color.

Return to posts index

Simon MatthewsRe: White edges when adding individual elements to a matte painting in Cinema 4D
by on Feb 25, 2013 at 5:56:48 pm

Thank you very much. My trees are on a transparent background. Is there a way I can choke in the alpha within C4D or do I have to do it in Photoshop?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: White edges when adding individual elements to a matte painting in Cinema 4D
by on Feb 25, 2013 at 6:07:33 pm

it has to be photoshop I think. You can add a background there too the only thing that matters is the Alpha channel not transparency - choking is fine too if you don't loose too much detail.

Return to posts index

by on Feb 25, 2013 at 6:11:07 pm

Ok, I'll have a practice with that and see how it turns out, thanks again :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]