MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

changing one material to another material on an object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dean chapman
changing one material to another material on an object
on Feb 21, 2013 at 1:13:01 am

Hi guys,

Is there a streamline way of changing one material to another material on an object. Ideally, it would be great to have some sort of mograph style fall-off, where, as you drag it across your object....the polys change to a specified material. I've seen and used the Chris Schmidt
Vertex Weight Remapper (link below)....but I was wondering if there is a more straight forward way...also, this Vertex Weight Remapper seems to be a little broken when I bring it into R13.

http://greyscalegorilla.com/blog/2011/04/how-to-use-vertex-maps-and-xpresso...

Thanks,

dean

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: changing one material to another material on an object
on Feb 21, 2013 at 9:50:49 pm

here's a test of a shader that's based on the example render from that page. Just uses noises with animated Clip ranges. It's a fast try so not as nice but the general idea is there I think.

5504_shadertest.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

dean chapman
on Feb 22, 2013 at 12:02:02 am

Oh very cool Brian. Thank you again for the hundredth answer to my hundredth question :)

I wonder...is there a way to drive the alpha channel with some sort of viewport visible reference object...like when you use an effector in mograph. Perhaps through xpresso or set driven keys?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Feb 22, 2013 at 2:34:36 am

a HUD control of the alpha would have to be controlling a channel shader in the alpha (since alpha doesn't have a 'brightness' slider like transparency) but definitely it's easy. Just add a User Data channel to something (probably the object or even the xpresso tag) and run that to the channel you want to control in xpresso.

Return to posts index

dean chapman
on Mar 2, 2013 at 10:19:29 pm

Never thanked you for this tip.....Thank You!

-d

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Mar 2, 2013 at 10:20:55 pm

:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]