MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

TP and Dynamics- Possible to turn off dynamics for individual particles?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen turcotte
TP and Dynamics- Possible to turn off dynamics for individual particles?
on Feb 15, 2013 at 9:33:31 pm

5456_tpanddynamics0001.c4d.zip

I've attached my scene file for this particular issue. I found a cheat solution a while back, but I've run into the problem again and would like any advice on how to solve this. I have a PStorm emitting dynamic particles onto a sphere- I would like some to stick and others to interact with the floor. Is there a way to do this with one particle group? The reason why I'd like to go this route is so that I can move the emitter across the scene and have particles interact with the floor and as it passes over the sphere have those particles stick to it. I'm thinking there might be a way to have the particles dynamic turn off once it hits the Pdeflector?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: TP and Dynamics- Possible to turn off dynamics for individual particles?
on Feb 16, 2013 at 8:35:47 am

Is there a specific reason you only want to use one particle group?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

stephen turcotte
on Feb 16, 2013 at 1:24:05 pm

Well, if I used two particle groups- I'm guessing one would be set as 'sticky' particles and the other as more 'rigid body' particles. I've attached a .mov file illustrating why I think one particle group is needed- so that the rig can travel across a room and interact with various objects, without having different particle groups being switched on and off depending on where the emitter is traveling.

I actually found a solution- video below.

I used a single emitter with a rigid body tag along with an attractor for the sphere. Much simpler than what I was thinking, and it works pretty well. I suppose you could use 2 emitters, depending on the look you're going for, but I didn't really want too many sprinkles falling off once they stuck (the particles falling on top of other dynamic particles)

Let me know if you have any other ideas/ thanks

tp and dynamics

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Feb 16, 2013 at 7:15:35 pm

Your dynamics solution is better because you can keep the sprinkles from penetrating each other but for what it's worth if you were using TP only you would change the group as it hits the sphere (then freeze the new group).
It's hard to do anything TP group related when you have used Dynamics on the particles, once the TP emitter gives the particles their placement and initial speed etc the Dynamics moves the objects away from where the TP particles are (which is where TP actions like PDeflector happen) so the timing is wrong

Return to posts index

stephen turcotte
on Feb 16, 2013 at 7:27:32 pm

Thanks for the input, it's always nice to have multiple ways to solve a problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]