MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Light intensities change unexpectedly over time

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian MurphyLight intensities change unexpectedly over time
by on Feb 15, 2013 at 12:35:57 am

Hey All,

I have a movie theater scene. I have various lights that are put into a cloner and are animated to a lesser intensity at a particular time in the timeline.

What's been EXTREMELY frustrating with this is that as the scene is rendering, it renders these lights mostly fine but there are several frames here and there that will change the intensity of the lights even though it hasn't reached the keyframes that would modify the intensity yet. There is an issue at hand here and I cannot figure it out. I don't see keyframes where those problem areas are and I've examined the F curves of the intensity change and it looks fine and only where I want them to be.

Originally, when I was building the scene I would do a test render at a frame other than 0 and the lighting would be off from what I set it at. Taking the timeline back to 0 and playing it to and stopping at the frame I rendered it before then rendered the lighting correctly. What the heck is that all about?

I have converted the clones into individual lights and still no solution was found....same issue.

The lights are simple spot lights with fall offs.

Anyone experience this?

Return to posts index

Ashish GuptaRe: Light intensities change unexpectedly over time
by on Feb 15, 2013 at 8:04:23 am

Hey Brian,

Can you provide your scene file .. ?

Return to posts index

Shannon ReddyRe: Light intensities change unexpectedly over time
by on Jul 2, 2013 at 1:35:55 pm

I'm having exactly the same problem - I've created a panel of blinking lights which respond to sound effectors. Surprisingly cumbersome, as I had to do it with single spotlights which live inside cloners, having their size controlled by sound effectors. They would grow in size to become visible on beats. But when I started key-framing them for additional control, their intensity would fall off to zero despite being listed as 1200 in all inspectors and the timeline. When I manually adjust their intensity, they snap back to the correct intensity.

Did you ever discover a solution or explanation? Does it occur with other types of lights?
I've seen this over r13 and r14, on mac.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved