MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Sketchup-style modelling

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim MeacockSketchup-style modelling
by on Feb 11, 2013 at 10:08:36 am

I never thought I'd be wanting to retain ways of working in Sketchup once I'd bought into another more advanced application such as 4D, but here it is...

1. I'd like to be able to click on the 'ground' with the mouse and drag away to make a rectangle as in Sketchup, then extrude up to make a wall, for example. I'm new to C4D but it seems that every object one creates gets plopped in the centre of the world and you then have to reposition it, which I imagine on a complext model is extremely tedious. Please let that not be true!

2. I haven't managed to find a way of using what Sketchup would call inferencing (snapping) in the way Sketchup does it. Sketchup kind of seems to look around for things to snap to and gives you indications of these points, so that you know where your modified surface is headed once you complete the transformation (be it move, extrude or wahtever). I've looked at the snapping info in the help files and have looked at online tutorials but so far I haven't come across a way of doing a push pull of a surface to line up with another surface in C4D.

I'll keep looking but in the meantime if someone out there can assuage my fears that Sketchup was better at some things than I gave it credit for, I'd be most grateful.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved