MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

R13 camera gimbal

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan LaceyR13 camera gimbal
by on Feb 9, 2013 at 3:36:58 pm

Sure this must be easy but.....

I'm trying to animate a camera flying over a model and the targeted camera gimbals at the top to preserve 'right way up' I don't want this action so is there a way to constrain the unwanted rotations or locking this gimbal off?

Thanks Alan

XdcamEx & HD, C300, DSLRs, all sorts of production & post gear and a very untidy desk. On the East Coast of the UK

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: R13 camera gimbal
by on Feb 9, 2013 at 5:24:33 pm

You can address the immediate issue by adding an up vector to your target tag. Just create a null, move it up above where you camera will be, and then drag the null into your target tag's up vector reference box.

That'll keep your camera from stalling out when it gets above your object, but it won't prevent your camera from flipping over if you go above perpendicular. To prevent that you'll need a second constraint on your camera.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but I'd add a constraint tag with another up vector, this time referencing the X+ axis. Create another null and drag it over to +X and reference it in the constraint tag. You'll have to increase the priority of that tag (basic tab)so it's not overridden by the target tag. Just tried it here and anything over 11 works fine.

Return to posts index

Alan LaceyRe: R13 camera gimbal
by on Feb 10, 2013 at 8:47:01 am

Thanks a lot Adam, I'll give it a go.

Alan

XdcamEx & HD, C300, DSLRs, all sorts of production & post gear and a very untidy desk. On the East Coast of the UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]