MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Find Missing/Unlinked textures.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony SipsasFind Missing/Unlinked textures.
by on Feb 2, 2013 at 2:12:33 am

I was given a scene with several objects, which all have several components (in the hundreds if not more).
When I go to render, I get a texture error of a missing .png. I noticed that its not in the texture folder of the given C4D file (tex folder), so it seems it just wasn't collected.

Is there a simple way of locating exactly which object/component of said object actually has that file? I am looking in the material manager, and none of the mats dont look like anything similar to what the texture is named, so its difficult to "guess" which one would likely have it without looking through every single mat file.

Any ideas?

Is there a search feature to looking through "linked" files?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Find Missing/Unlinked textures.
by on Feb 3, 2013 at 4:49:05 am

The Texture Error does have the name of the material right beside the name of the missing texture (which might not help if there are a bunch of textures called "Mat").

There is a place to see all the linked textures - in the Attribute Manager/Mode menu go to Project Info. Then the Textures tab there, that will show you all the textures being used in the document and any that are not found. Joren of the PixelLab has a video of it here - though in his video it's called Info Manager because he's using 12 probably, it's Project Info in 13 and 14.

Return to posts index

Anthony SipsasRe: Find Missing/Unlinked textures.
by on Feb 3, 2013 at 4:57:44 am

There are like 20 materials called "mat", so you can see why I ask. I eventually just deleted them, but I would like to know for future reference as I can see this being an issue in the future with more complicated scenes which are not set up correctly, which I then have to jump in and modify.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I sent suggestions to maxon already.

Return to posts index

Lennart WåhlinRe: Find Missing/Unlinked textures.
by on Feb 3, 2013 at 4:57:35 pm

You'll find pathMATE at -> xfiles
that's meant for re pathing textures and such.
By repathing to your tex folder it will print any missing
textures in the console and what materials/channels
even hidden/not used channels.

aka tcastudios

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved