MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

"semi" wireframe rendering question...

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yann Vautrin
"semi" wireframe rendering question...
on Jan 29, 2013 at 7:29:32 am

Hi All,

I would like for a project I am working on, to render a "relief terrain" in wireframe, when I have on the same project some "plane" and other object to be rendered with material and texture.

Using the rendering module, it is "all or nothing", everything renders in wireframe, or texturized/shaded...

Any advices?

Thanks for your help!

Yann

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: "semi" wireframe rendering question...
on Jan 29, 2013 at 4:14:11 pm

when you say 'rendering module' do you mean Sketch and Toon or the Cel Renderer?

Return to posts index

Yann Vautrin
on Jan 29, 2013 at 7:57:05 pm

I am talking about the "Cel renderer", not "Sketch and Toon".

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 29, 2013 at 9:48:12 pm

without S&T you have to either use the Atom Array or put a Proximal shader in the Alpha of a material applied to the landscape - then drop the landscape into the proximal's 'Objects' slot with only Use Edges selected then trim the End Distance down to just a few % play with the Function to get the look you need. Step is pretty sharp but you usually have to go for AntiAliasing Best for that to render smoothly.

There have been Wireshaders available (for free sometimes) over the years but I can't find any right now.

Return to posts index

Rasmus Gerner
on Jan 30, 2013 at 8:55:44 am

great idea Brian

Return to posts index

Yann Vautrin
on Jan 30, 2013 at 3:43:34 pm

Hi Brian,

thanks for your answer!

As I am a beginner with C4D, your explanation sounds a bit like to me!

Is there a simpler way to do it? I have S&T installed on my workstation!

Thanks for your help!

Yann

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 30, 2013 at 4:25:29 pm

they're all easy really - I'll do some example files, what version of C4D are you using?

Return to posts index

Yann Vautrin
on Jan 30, 2013 at 4:28:54 pm

Hi Brian, I am using C4D R13 Studio!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jan 30, 2013 at 5:26:39 pm

ah good these are 14 so they should work.

The Sketch and Toon works by setting the Render Settings/Sketch and Toon settings so that all the Line settings are unchecked and the Shading settings have Background and Object set to Off then a Sketch Style tag is put on the landscape with the Lines all unchecked except for Edges. This can be see through if you put a full alpha texture on the landscape too.

The Atom Array generates structure so it will be a little slower to render and it's not just lines there is thickness

The Proximal can be see through like in the example (Because it's in the Alpha channel) or it can be coloured lines on the object like the S&T example by using it in the Color channel. This will probably render the slowest if you have a lot of wires, it also has to have an editable object so the Proximal has real edges to work with

5340_wireframetrials.zip

Return to posts index

Yann Vautrin
on Jan 31, 2013 at 6:00:07 am

Hi Brian,

Thanks so much for you help!

I have been through the samples you sent me, reproduced them on my project, and everything works fine!

My favorite render is the "Proximal" method one, but it is heavy to render...

The sketch and Toon method will do the job to fit my customer needs, but I always love to learn new techniques and trickes, so THANKS A LOT, you ROCK!

Cheers!

Yann

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]