MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Inconsistent frames after rendering over Net Render

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CabestanyInconsistent frames after rendering over Net Render
by on Jan 29, 2013 at 5:11:07 am

Hello everyone,

After leaving a project rendering for around 25 hours, I discovered a few minutes ago that the image sequence is unusable because some frames are glitching.

I attached a software render (very low res) which shows the expected animation taking place and a finished render which shows the frames that are not working. I really can't explain exactly what's happening other than the frames are "jumping", so I have attached a software render (very low res) which shows the expected animation taking place and a finished render which shows the frames that are not working. Both movies are 4 second long and not big, so they will load fast on your computers.

If anybody can tell me what went wrong here will be greatly appreciated.

c4d_render glitch software

net render glitch h264 full render

Return to posts index

Jeremy AllenRe: Inconsistent frames after rendering over Net Render
by on Jan 30, 2013 at 9:42:00 pm

I have never used net render, partly due to a fear of what you're dealing with right now. I'm not sure of your rendering setup, but from what I've read about net render, you need to make sure all your render machines have pretty much the same specs, especially the processors. When dealing with any type of dynamics or simulations where calculations are performed, you can get unexpected results when using different processors.

Aside from that, you could try to bake all frames of the animation and see if that works any better.

I know you must be quite frustrated after a 25 hour render. Hope this info helps some.

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 18GB RAM, OSX 10.5.8

C4D 12
AE CS5 (10.0.2.4)
FCP 7.0.3
QT 7.6.4

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Inconsistent frames after rendering over Net Render
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 3:54:39 pm

That must be it. the machines I used are vastly different, I'm far from having a render farm or anything like it. I used my i7 quad-core imac, and two macbook pros, one with an intel i5 processor and the other with an old intel core duo processor, that one render the least amount of frames.

I had originally rendered that same sequence using only the imac, and it rendered out fine, but took almost 30 hours, I thought that by using Net Render and several revisions I made for the second round I would be on the clear, but 25 hours and a useless render afterwards showed me otherwise.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy AllenRe: Inconsistent frames after rendering over Net Render
by on Jan 31, 2013 at 4:03:11 pm

Look into baking all your animation and then just net render a short portion of the sequence to test. You could even do the test with very low quality settings, minimal lighting / no shadows, etc, just to make sure the motion comes out right..

Good luck!

---------------------------------------------
8core MacPro, 3.0 GHZ, 18GB RAM, OSX 10.5.8

C4D 12
AE CS5 (10.0.2.4)
FCP 7.0.3
QT 7.6.4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]