MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Mograph Cache Tag Problem (increases render time considerably)

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dean chapman
Mograph Cache Tag Problem (increases render time considerably)
on Jan 28, 2013 at 4:53:12 am

I have a scene that takes about 5 mins to render the current frame in the viewport...

If I use the Mograph Cache Tags on my two cloner objects......the frame takes about 17 minutes to render, 12 of those minutes are spent "Preparing..."

Does that make sense??

Also, if I send this file to a render farm, using the Cache Tags, will that mean that it will take an additional 12 minutes of "Preparing..." per frame, or just an initial 12 minutes of preparing at the start of render?

Thank you for the help...

Dean

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Mograph Cache Tag Problem (increases render time considerably)
on Jan 29, 2013 at 12:15:33 am

Doesn't make sense to me. "preparing" generally means that something is being precalculated and if anything it should be reduced with caching.

Anything else of note in your scene that might contribute to it? GI? Thinking Particles? Xpresso?

Return to posts index

dean chapman
on Jan 29, 2013 at 12:46:48 am

So my scene is set up with plenty of TP & Xpresso......I had TP particle groups being emitted. After I had my scene completed, I made a bunch of Matrix objects and threw the Particle groups into the object area within Matrix objects. Then I took Cloner objects and cloned geometry onto the Matrix objects (setting the object to the Matrix within the Cloner). Next, I Cached all of my Cloners and then deleted everything except the Matrix objects. Everything works....but again, it takes a ridiculous amount of time "Preparing.."

Without the Mograph Cache tags, and before deleting all the TP & Xpresso, it would take a few moments "Preparing..."

Using Physical Renderer, Sampler: Adaptive. Sample quality: Low. no GI....indirect illumination not on.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for helping,

Dean

Return to posts index

Luke Letellier
on Mar 19, 2013 at 11:42:43 pm

I'm dealing with the same issue - cloning on to particles.

If I go to my cloner and hit the C key to bake the clones (and turn them into un-animated, non-dynamic objects, without a cache), they render quickly, so it's definitely not a geometry loading problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]