MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

exporting C4d objects to AE layers?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Robertsexporting C4d objects to AE layers?
by on Jan 26, 2013 at 3:35:45 pm

Apologies: I'm not at the C4D/AE computer, so I can't check the Help or test out theories.

With R12, would it be possible to render/export an image in layers, but with each *object* on a separate layer in PS or AE?
I would then like to sequence the layers in AE, revealing them one layer at a time, so each object is revealed as each layer is revealed.

I'd the process to be as automated as possible, since I expect to have a lot of objects, and therefore a lot of layers. I may use mograph to create spheres at object vertices, then reveal the objects by flashing on one sphere at a time. (flash on six spheres in sequence to reveal a cube, for example)

If it's not possible to separate the objects in the export to PS/AE, might it be possible to use object IDs and *animate* the object ID value in AE to reveal one object at a time? (an AE question, of course)

Thanks,
Steve

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: exporting C4d objects to AE layers?
by on Jan 26, 2013 at 7:08:55 pm

I don't know of any way to automate this. Best I can think of is to render an object buffer (alpha) for each object and then luma matte them in AE. In that case you'd need to render a clean background plate, and you'd still have a problem if your objects overlap.

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: exporting C4d objects to AE layers?
by on Jan 28, 2013 at 2:51:18 am

Thanks, Adam.

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]