MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Texturing Issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wolfgang Zimmermann
Texturing Issue
on Jan 22, 2013 at 4:58:44 pm

I'm working on modelling some products and have run into an issue, i'm currently modelling a brushed steel tin and have got the material looking great, now i want to place a layer on top of that (some stars that are on the actual product) i have the stars as a pdf and the background is alpha. does anyone know a way to add this without effecting the other material? thanks.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Texturing Issue
on Jan 23, 2013 at 3:48:09 am

Just create a separate material with the stars and alpha and drag it on top of your object. As long as the second material's texture tag is to the right of the base material's tag, and the material has an alpha, it will be overlaid on top.

Return to posts index

Wolfgang Zimmermann
on Jan 24, 2013 at 10:19:21 am

Thanks Adam that worked, I was wondering if you could help again. The secondary layer is appearing pixelated and the image i'm using is a huge pdf so I dont think the resolution is the problem. Attached is a screenshot and a picture of the actual product, any idea why it's appearing so pixelated?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jan 24, 2013 at 4:01:52 pm

I'm not sure how well supported pdf is in Cinema. You might try converting that texture to tiff or some other format and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]