MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

working with panoramic footage

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amelia Cullern
working with panoramic footage
on Jan 22, 2013 at 1:00:32 pm

hello!

I'm a basic user of Cinema4d and i've been approached by a client to work on a really exciting project.

They have a 15 sec 360 degree/panoramic clip which was filmed on top of a car driving down a street. They want to add a cg element on to part of the pavement. How on earth do i go about doing this?

Can i use the c4d plug in cinecat to track the panoramic footage and create a scene with matching camera move? or do i need to use different software such a boujou?

Once i have a working scene that matches the footage do i need to render that out using a panoramic camera setting? do i need to have Vray for this or does cinema 12 have a built in panoramic camera setting? (i couldn't find one!)

any help or direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeroen Zijlstra
Re: working with panoramic footage
on Mar 7, 2013 at 4:13:52 pm

Hi Amelia,

Did you find a solution? I'm dealing with the same issue. 360 footage (Worldmapped) in Cinema4D. VRAY 360 physical camera in scene.

Best,
Jeroen

Return to posts index

Amelia Cullern
on Mar 7, 2013 at 4:32:00 pm

unfortunatly no! Haven't managed to find out anything further. If you manage to find anything out then please share it here!

Return to posts index

Jeroen Zijlstra
on Mar 7, 2013 at 4:39:10 pm

I dont think cinecat will do it. I've been struggeling with PFtrack, Foundry camera tracker and cinecat. No luck so far. I can render in 360 though using Vray. That works perfect. And, if I could somehow turn on visibility of the environment texture (from inside the vray render settings) in the viewports, I could match-move my shot. Now I see a gray back, no texture. Did you check Boujou?

Jeroen

Return to posts index

Amelia Cullern
on Mar 7, 2013 at 4:47:12 pm

i couldn't get access to boujou. and i couldn't find anything that mentioned being able to do it on their website.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]