MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Rotating Objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon MatthewsRotating Objects
by on Jan 17, 2013 at 3:21:28 pm

Hi, I'm having trouble rotating an object. I want the object to simply rotate on the horizontal. When I rotate the object with the rotate tool it works fine, but when I add keyframes it tumbles in all directions when played back. I've adjusted the axis points as near to centre as I can. Is there a way I can make the object rotate on the one axis rather than tumbling on all three?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Rotating Objects
by on Jan 17, 2013 at 4:56:21 pm

Sounds like you have a rotation order problem. By default you can always rotate on Z and get the results you expect, but if you're rotated on more than one axis and rotate on another axis ... you see the problem.

In R13+ you can change the rotation order to fix this issue. To do so you go to the object's coordinates tab and change the rotation order from HPB to one of the rotation orders that has your desired axis of rotation as the first letter.

Another way to fix the problem is to place the rotated object inside of a null with the null's Z axis rotated in the correct orientation and then keyframe the null's rotation instead of the object's.

Return to posts index

Simon MatthewsRe: Rotating Objects
by on Jan 17, 2013 at 5:08:18 pm

Hi, thank you very much for replying. The object was already inside a null, but changing the rotation order as you suggested sorted the problem out for me. Thanks again, your reply was very helpful!

Return to posts index

manuel gonzalezRe: Rotating Objects
by on Feb 5, 2015 at 4:58:12 pm

Hi i have the same problem, rotating a triangle face from a pyramid polygon, and not even changing the order of the axis fix my problem, is the any other solution?

thank a lot!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved