MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4D sketch & toon problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Salas
Cinema 4D sketch & toon problem
on Jan 16, 2013 at 6:24:35 am

Hello community. I been working on a project and i wish to use "sketch"/cartoon style render of C4D. All works perfectly but there is something that i can't handle to make it look good.

I'll post an image:

Okay, as you can see here, strokes are sill visible even if the objects on the screen are not there showing up. Actually most of them are behind of other 3D shapes.

Any way to fix it without having to re-create the model of the whole thing?

Thanks a lot... Oscar.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Cinema 4D sketch & toon problem
on Jan 16, 2013 at 4:29:09 pm

It's a little hard to say without looking at the project file, but it looks like you're using a material or materials in the sketch effect's hidden line link box. If you have a material in there then it will render hidden lines, depending on how you have your culling settings arranged. It can get quite complicated if you have a bunch of sketch style tags.

Return to posts index

Oscar Salas
on Jan 16, 2013 at 9:03:13 pm

Thanks adam.

I added 1 texture to a null that have all the other objects. Also, i did the toonish by selecting it on the render settings. Can you explain me step by step what do i have to do to fix this? i tried everything, including "line" options. I guess adding the texture to each part of the 3D shapes won't work, because i tried. Weird thing,i worked with this cartoonigh style before and this didn't happen.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jan 17, 2013 at 5:08:02 am

I really can't tell what's going on without seeing the file. Can you post it?

Return to posts index

Oscar Salas
on Jan 17, 2013 at 5:11:22 am

Hello, i found the solution about this problem. I was using native shapes, not transforming them into customizable objects. When i converted them (clicking C on keyboard by selecting them)i figured out the solution. Lines weren't reaching on top anymore.

Anyways, thanks a lot. I been using this sketch/cartoon style for a little time but now i guess i can handle this situation without any inconvenience.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]