MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Render to Picture Viewer won't work in scene with IvyGrower 1.2

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared FlynnRender to Picture Viewer won't work in scene with IvyGrower 1.2
by on Jan 12, 2013 at 11:12:33 pm

Hi there,

I've got an email in with Maxon Support right now but I wanted to ask the hive mind as well: I have a scene that relies heavily on several instances of the IvyGrower plugin. The ivy I've grown is configured NOT to render instances of leaves, and IS set to create IGSplines. I did this to allow animating the branches and leaves on per Twistedpoly's technique found here: http://twistedpoly.com/?p=1527

So here's the problem. I can render in the viewport no problem-- it looks great. But when I render to the Picture Viewer, nothing happens at all. The Picture Viewer opens up and just sits there idle-- as though I'd picked it from the Window menu. If I delete all the ivy, the scene renders fine with what's left.

The problem seems to be limited to this one scene. I've even tried starting a fresh scene and merging everything into it, and the problem just persists.

Is it just a question of project scale vs. processing power? My specs are in my signature and boy it doesn't seem like that should be the problem. In fact, I don't think it is; I can delete all but one instance of the ivys in my scene and it still won't render to Picture Viewer.

EDIT: After some more fiddling I've got the problem narrowed down to the IGSpline objects. If I delete those, the scene works fine. But if I understand how IvyGrower works in this case, removing the IGSplines will keep me from animating the ivy on, which is a real issue for me...

Any advice? Other troubleshooting steps I could try out? I've got a client who's quite enamored with the ivy idea so it's really important I get this figured out.

Thanks so much in advance!

Jared Flynn
Motion Graphics Designer
http://be.net/jkinetic

Supermicro SuperWorkstation 7047A-T
Dual 8-core Xeon E5-2670 @ 2.6GHz
64GB DDR3-1600 ECC/REG RAM
PNY nVidia Quadro 4000
Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Return to posts index

Jennifer EstradaRe: Render to Picture Viewer won't work in scene with IvyGrower 1.2
by on Aug 26, 2013 at 5:20:45 pm

Hi Jared,

I'm having the exact same problem. Did you find a "fix" for this issue?

Thanks.

Jenn

Return to posts index

Jared FlynnRe: nder to Picture Viewer won't work in scene with IvyGrower 1.2
by on Aug 26, 2013 at 6:39:01 pm

Actually, unfortunately I never did get to the bottom of the problem. For my immediate needs I just made the whole rig editable (which removed all the IGSplines). This prevented me from animating the ivy properly, though, so I had to cheat it with some semi-clever camera work. I wish I had better news!

If memory serves (I haven't had occasion to work with Ivy Grower since that last project), I did have some luck animating the leaves at least. After making the IGSplines editable, I placed the leaves into a Fracture Object and used Plain Effectors to scale them up from nothing. Definitely not ideal, but hopefully it's helpful! Cheers,

Jared Flynn
Motion Graphics Designer
http://be.net/jkinetic

Supermicro SuperWorkstation 7047A-T
Dual 8-core Xeon E5-2670 @ 2.6GHz
64GB DDR3-1600 ECC/REG RAM
PNY nVidia Quadro 4000
Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Return to posts index

Edward IntorcioRe: nder to Picture Viewer won't work in scene with IvyGrower 1.2
by on Mar 26, 2014 at 11:31:18 pm

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm having the same problem. Using R14 on a floating liscence BTW.
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Edward IntorcioRe: nder to Picture Viewer won't work in scene with IvyGrower 1.2
by on Mar 27, 2014 at 5:57:38 pm

SOLUTION: While we couldn't get the picture viewer to activate, we were able to kick off a render using Render Queue

in C4D
RENDER-->Add To Render Queue
in render queue
JOBS--> Start Rendering

it should render using your output path and render settings.
If anyone finds another solution, I'd love to learn it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]