MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Deforming a Pipe

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron MooreDeforming a Pipe
by on Jan 7, 2013 at 10:54:31 pm

I'm working on an HVAC demonstration of a brace that strengthens a length of duct work and assures a 90-degree bend feeding into a vent in the system but am having problems in the animation of the actual straightening of the duct. Whenever I use the Bend Deformer I can get basically what I'm looking for but the very end of the duct (that attaches to the vent) will always move with the deformation and I'd like that part to stay vertical and not be affected by the Bend Deformer. Actually I'd just like to show a 90-degree bend in the duct with a large kink in it restricting airflow that's straightened out by the addition of this brace. Sort of like AE's Puppet Pin where you can add a pin that doesn't allow movement at that particular point. Maybe there's a better way to achieve this result than using the Bend Deformer.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Deforming a Pipe
by on Jan 7, 2013 at 11:45:06 pm

Not sure why you're having that problem. Is the deformer set to limited mode?

Can you post the scene file?

Return to posts index

Ron MooreRe: Deforming a Pipe
by on Jan 9, 2013 at 6:20:21 pm

Thanks but I finally got it going. I just needed to first make the 90-degree bend in the duct, then go to Current State to Object and finally add my other Bend Deformers to affect the 90-degree bend.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved