MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Collision of large objects

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh TsenCollision of large objects
by on Jan 5, 2013 at 4:04:08 am

So I have this huge sketchup model of the UNSC Infinity from Halo. I exported it as a .bae from sketchup which I can then import into c4d right? I just downloaded c4d but already have the hang of it (i used to use blender) anyways I am using this to import it into after effects for a scene. Basically I want to have the ship crashing into the ground. There are a couple of problems however it seems. First off, the model, from what I can tell, is broken into a bunch of pieces, not one object. Thus, when I imported it into c4d I couldn't scale it down from it's 3.5 mile length or whatever (its huge). So I need help with that.

The second problem is a little more involved I believe. I installed thrausi and such but basically I need the model to break up into large and small pieces, and obviously the back half would preferably stay whole for the most part. So what plugins do I need and what settings? I think you can do this with rayfire in 3ds but obviously I don't have 3ds. Anyways, any help here?

Or if someone who has 3ds and rayfire could fracture the model for me and export as a .obj I can import that into element 3d in after effects and do the physics and rendering there.
Thanks so much! I bet this is quite confusing to read!

My youtube channel:

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Collision of large objects
by on Jan 7, 2013 at 3:54:07 pm

As far as scaling goes, you have several options. First, you can just select all the objects in the object manager (Ctrl + A) and then use the scale tool. Or, you could select all the objects and group them under a null (Alt + G) and then scale the null.

For shattering ... I think you might need to post a picture. Sounds to me like you could just shatter the parts that are actually going to break up, but hard to say without seeing the file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved