MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Issue with MoText + Intermediate Points

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cory Cullington
Issue with MoText + Intermediate Points
on Jan 4, 2013 at 5:20:22 am

I'm using C4D R13 and running into an issue where the Intermediate points and Number keep resetting to their defaults.

While rendering in the current viewport, the values for these two settings ('Uniform' and '20') behave correctly. However, as soon as I try to render through Picture Viewer, C4D seems to ignore the values that I have set and render out with the defaults of 'None' and '0'.

I have tried using "Current state to object" in order to lock in the settings that I have, but every time I do, C4D defaults the Intermediate Points back to 'None' and duplicates that version of the object instead.

I am new to C4D, so this may be a noob question, but any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Issue with MoText + Intermediate Points
on Jan 7, 2013 at 6:35:53 pm

It sounds like you may have changed the default render LOD (level of detail) setting.

Return to posts index

Joseph Ramirez
on Feb 16, 2013 at 8:59:08 pm

Have you found a solution to this? I'm having the SAME problem and it's driving me insane lol. I Checked my LOD settings and they are set to 100%. Any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

David Franklin
on Mar 24, 2013 at 7:11:25 am

I think the answer is indeed the "level of detail" field in the Options tab of the render settings. I was struggling with this all night tonight, and as you can see from this image:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30138486/Level%20of%20Detail%2040.jpg

The image on the left has smooth curves in the letters D and R, but the same image on the right has very noticeable low-resolution curves. I was racking my brain trying to figure out why the region render showed the image smooth, but as soon as I rendered a frame using the render cue, it got blocky.

And then I found this thread and went looking for the "level of detail" in my render settings. I found it in "options." And when I found it, for some unaccountable reason, it was set to 40%. I must have lowered it at some point when I was looking for some extra render speed, but I have no idea when, or how I didn't notice I'd left it at that setting.

Anyway, hope that anyone else who is having problems with their MoText objects looking bad when they do a full resolution render (with the Physical Renderer no less) will have their problem solved.

Thanks Adam, for the solution. And Cory for starting the thread.

Return to posts index

David Franklin
on Mar 24, 2013 at 7:15:03 am

Hmmm. Just re-read Joseph's post. Guess it's only a partial solution. But it's working for me, anyway.

Return to posts index

Joseph Ramirez
on Mar 25, 2013 at 7:42:41 am

The best solution I found was to have the intermediate points change in a key frame. I keyframed "NONE" at -1 frames and at 0 I keyframed the desired effect and it worked perfectly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]